We have been skipping breakfast and splurging on so-called healthy snacks for so long these days, without being aware of it’s varied side effects.
It’s time we learnt how to eat our meals at regular intervals so that we can lead a healthy and long life! Here’s the simplified version,
- Eat within 30 minutes of waking up.
- The ideal time to have breakfast is 7 am.
- Do not delay breakfast later than 10 am.
- Make sure you include protein in your meal.
- The ideal time to have lunch is 12.45 pm.
- Try and keep a gap of 4 hours between breakfast and lunch.
- Do not delay lunch later than 4 pm.
- The ideal time to have dinner is before 7 pm.
- You should keep a gap of 3 hours between dinner and bedtime.
- Do not delay dinner later than 10 pm.
- Eating close to bedtime can interfere with your quality of sleep.
- Never workout on empty stomach, especially if you’re weight training.
- The ideal time for your pre-workout snack is 2 hours before your workout.
- The right pre-workout meal is largely protein-based, so opt for something like a sandwich (with chicken, tuna etc), a protein shake, a scrambled egg with whole wheat bread or a peanut butter sandwich.
It’s never too late to start eating healthy as they say- A stitch in time saves nine!