We all know that good habits are cultivated at a young age but how many of us actually realize what good habits are until it’s too late? How about we start now and make the younger generation aware of basic hygiene and sanitation. After all, the sooner we start, the healthier the future gets.
1. Do make sure to teach the kids about washing their hands before and after every meal or whenever their hands come in contact with anything dirty.
2. Not getting access to clean drinking water is one of the most prominent reasons why kids get sick. Especially in metros where the water table is badly polluted, we need to ensure that not just the kids, but we all drink clean water.
3. Unclean sanitation is another overlooked reason why younger ones get infected. It can eliminate a lot of unwanted diseases if we make it a point to keep the toilets clean and hygienic.
4. Build a chain. Urge all the kids around you to follow in your footsteps by teaching the house help about such issues. It will not only make them feel more responsible but will also help our maid, milkman, watchman, cook and gardener know the benefits of basic hygiene.
5. While we need to make sure the kids are always safe and sound, that doesn’t mean they have to cut down on play time. An active lifestyle is very important for a child’s growth and that is something that we should never compromise on. After all, if they won’t, who will?
6. We often tend to overlook dental hygiene which comes to bite us in the back in the long run too. We need to teach the kids that if they start taking care of their teeth early, it will save them a lot of time and money later.
7. Kids tend to follow what they see, rather than what they’re told. So ditch the 5-second rule from your life. If something falls down, it’s dirty, no matter for how long it’s been there.