Life can be pretty complicated. Especially because there are no rules to it. As every person and day is different, change and learning comes along inevitably.
Just like how we are nothing like we were a year ago, our thoughts also evolve, especially in our 20s. Here are some lessons that I learnt in my 20s.
1. People change overnight.
2. Everyone in this world is selfish. Some are just less selfish than the others.
3. Sometimes looks matter, a lot.
4. Exes can’t be friends even if they try because there is no undo button for feelings.
5. Closure in a relationship is important.
6. Old friends might not always be with you when you need them.
7. Love doesn’t heal everything. Love marriages have problems too.
8. Love can happen more than once, at the right time with the right person.
9. Sometimes it doesn’t hurt much seeing people going out of your life.
10. You are not always wise enough to know the difference between infatuation and love even when you are an adult.
11. People will not always be nice to you even if you are nice to them.
12. Sleeping with a friend will not necessarily jeopardize the friendship forever. Sometimes, people are on the same page.
13. Getting busy is not a solution but an easy temporary escape.
14. A heart is never too broken to be mended.
15. Sometimes, you end up finding better friends in your 20s.
16. No place is safe, not even your home. You need to be alert everywhere.
17. Parents are not always right and you are never too small to point that out.
18. Hiding emotions is way easy than expressing them.
19. It’s always better to be alone than being in a toxic relationship.
20. Failures are far from the worst things to happen.
Well, the beauty of life is its unpredictable nature, isn’t it?